OLD MAPS OF WATFORD
AREA AND BRANCH LINES
By 1912 Watford Shed was a six-road dead-ended shed, plus a Coaling Plant.
The turntable in 1912 had access from two directions, from the shed and from the sidings by Cassiobury Saw Mills.
In 1912 Watford Signal Box No. 3 (shown in blue) was sited between the turntable road and the coaling plant road. Later the box re-sited further north when the turntable access was reduced to just from the shed.
Watford Shed by then had a second access, to the up-slow line.
Ordnance Survey Map 1912