OLD MAPS OF WATFORD
AREA AND BRANCH LINES
The Stanmore Branch Line from Harrow & Wealdstone was opened in 1890. The station at Stanmore was re-named as 'Stanmore Village' in 1950.
Passenger services to Stanmore were withdrawn in 1952, but continued from Harrow & Wealdstone to the intermediate station of Belmont until 1964.
Goods services continued to use the line up to Stanmore until the final closure of the whole line in 1964.
Stanmore Station was used on several occasions as a film location.
Ordnance Survey Map 1935
Scroll down to see more of the map.