OLD MAPS OF WATFORD
AREA AND BRANCH LINES
The Watford to Rickmansworth Branch Line opened in 1862 to Church Street and at first there were five passenger trains a day in each direction. Although the service was electried in 1927, passenger services ceased in 1952 due to competition from the Metropolitan line.
Goods services continued to Rickmansworth until 1967 when Church Street was closed and the line was cut back to just serve the factories on the branch.
The rest of the track back to Croxley Junction was eventually removed and the line is now a cycle track.
Ordnance Survey Map 1935