OLD MAPS OF WATFORD
AREA AND BRANCH LINES
The Park Street Branch between the original Park Street Station and Napsbury on the Midland Line was initially used to carry contractor's traffic in the construction of the Midland Main Line.
This branch line was probably designed as a permanent link, but soon after 1879 the track was removed.
The original Park Street Station was on Hyde Lane where the new How Wood Halt is currently.
Later Park Street Station was moved further towards St Albans, on Watling Street.
Ordnance Survey Map 1872