OLD MAPS OF WATFORD
AREA AND BRANCH LINES
In 1912 a new branch line to Croxley Green came into operation joining the existing Rickmansworth Branch (see separate webpage) at the new Croxley Green Junction.
When the electric 'New Line' from Watford to Euston was built between 1917 and 1922, a curve was installed between Watford High Street Station and Bushey.
Carriage Sheds were built at Croxley Green Junction for the 'New Line' electric trains.
In 1913 track was installed from Croxley Green Junction to Bushey, forming a triangle. The triangle was regularly used to turn Steam Locomotives round that were too large to turn on the Watford Shed Turntable.
Ordnance Survey Map 1939
Scroll down to see more of the map.