OLD MAPS OF WATFORD
AREA AND BRANCH LINES
Originally the St Albans Branch Line was a simple single track line and Bricket Wood Station had only one plaform, but in 1913 a loop was added and a second platform.
The installation of the loop allowed a more frequent service to be introduced with trains passing each other at Bricket Wood.
When the branch line was electrified in 1988 the passing loop was removed.
Ordnance Survey Map 1939
Scroll down to see more of the map.